Thursday, June 11, 2009

Simple Mango Salsa

So lately my creative juices haven't been very apparent in the kitchen. Stress about finals could be a reason for that, and that i just don't have the time to cook an ellaborate meal. However, last night i made mango salsa for a potluck at school today, and was very satisfied with my beautiful creation of colors and flavors. The best part was how easy, simple, and yet relaxing it was to prepare it in the kitchen last night.

Today at the potluck, i was asked about the recipe. I kinda chuckled to myself because I thought, "why would someone want a recipe for something as simple as mango salsa?" I realized that anything that is created in the kitchen, deserves to have pride behind it, whether it be simple or ellaborate. Also many times people underestimate how simple salsa can be, or perhaps a recipe gives them security that they are making it right. For me, it is a lesson and a reminder to myself that things can be simple. Just because i am studying nutrition, doesn't mean i have to always cook meals that reflect my knowledge. Sometimes i just want to pop open a can of beans, mix some salsa into it and still have it taste good. Well I accomplished my goal of making something that tasted good and allowed me to be humble in the kitchen.

For now here is my Simple Mahgo Salsa recipe:

1 large mango, cut into chunks

4 medium roma tomatoes, cut into chunks

Juice from a lemon and lime

1 bunch cilantro

1 cup of prepared organic valley salsa (any prepared fresh salsa will do)

I can of organic black beans

pinch of salt


See . . i told you it was simple!

Enjoy your food in any form!

No comments:

Post a Comment