Sunday, June 7, 2009

Worshiping My Solar Plexus


The Sun has been vibrantly out in Seattle the past week . .only to hide behind the clouds this weekend, but these past few days of no sun hasn't affected me a bit, because lately i have been having a craving for another type of solar energy . . . .

About a month ago i started my obsession back up with Mangoes. To me they are the most loveliest fruit and have been such a great addition to my morning yogurt with bananas, also a yellow food. ( notice the color scheme) Corn season couldn't have come any sooner. I have been eating corn in many different ways. We had a corn-roasting party at midnight a few weeks ago over our fire pit in the back yard. I also introduced my two friends to roasting over the barbecue while we were at the lake cabin. They didn't believe me that you could keep the husk on the corn, place it on the BBQ, and trust the rest to the grill . . turned out crunchy and sweet. My boyfriend and I have used our oven to cook the corn, and last night at a BBQ we enjoyed some boiled corn. In fact, i recall that at the BBQ last night, while everyone was eating the hot dogs and sausages, my plate looked a little unbalanced: Corn on the cob and a corn salad with tomatoes and cucumbers. I finished up the leftover corn while others got seconds on the meat! Also last week, while working at the juice bar, I felt very drawn to the pineapple, snacking on pieces throughout the day! I have always been a big fan of bananas for breakfast, but this last week, i have been craving them in the afternoon before my daily workout! Lastly, i have been eating a lot of jack fruit which is a sweet tropical fruit that I ate a lot of when i was in Vietnam ( see the picture above).

So anyone notice a pattern here? It's definitely staring at me like a big sun shinning in my eyes . . . . yes, i have been obsessed with yellow color foods! Now normally, this would concern me a little, except for the fact that i bought a book last week that confirms my behavior as normal and totally appropriate if we look to the vibrational energy of the food i am eating. According to Deanna M. Minich, Ph.D., C.N. and her book: Chakra Foods for Optimum Health, the vibration of food interacts with our internal vibration so we should eat foods that have the vibrational food that we are lacking in. Low energy yellow foods can both stimulate and balance the solar plexus charkra which represents fire, inspiration, accomplishment, and self-esteem. This chakra liberates energy and carbohydrates. I feel that i need to stimulate this chakra within my own life because of my digestion problems and my high need for intellectual stimulation among other things. This chakra is the one most people in American need help balancing!

Healthy low glycemic food that will sustain the Solar Plexus are legumes, hummus, broccoli, dark green leafy vegetables, barley, oatmeal, almonds, walnuts, hazelnuts,nut butters, apples, berries, cherries, and yellow, tan, and golden foods like pineapple, plantain, corn, ginger, yellow squash, lentils, amaranth, brown rice, millet, quinoa, and cornmeal.

I encourage anyone with an interest in how foods can improve their energy to check out Deanna's website at www.foodandspirit.com for more information!

Okay off to eat some sunny yellow eggs for breakfast!

No comments:

Post a Comment