Thursday, September 24, 2009

Frosting Fun

This week I have had the privlidge of being a "taste tester" in my mother's kitchen as she prepares wedding cakes for a family friend's wedding this Saturday. I have already blogged about my love of raw cookie dough, but my love of frosting is almost tied with it. Tonight I was able to compare the sour cream maple frosting to the buttercream with mini chocolate chips to the orange peel vanilla. So many to choose from, what is a girl to do? Each one had the creamiest and richest flavors you could ask for in a frosting. I enjoyed it even without the cake, which by the way, is just as decadent.

Frosting is so much fun to eat. My favorite way is a quick lick with the finger, but in order to be more sanitary, I have been using a spoon . .well maybe a few spoons. I think eating frosting this way brings me back to my days as a child, when people thought it was cute to let the kids lick the spoon. I don't know how cute I look anymore, as a 25 year old asking my mother to lick the spoon, but something tells me she enjoys my help testing the batches. It keeps us both young and helps me to remember that its okay to endulge in some sweet delights, and has helped me realize to do this more often. Besides, cooks love to spoil their family and friends, and I have felt truly spoiled this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment